How to Revive Natural Hair with Bentonite Clay
Hie its Wadzi here again to help you with Hair & Beauty Tips…its time to put something really different on our natural hair: mud!
Yes you heard right #Mud…Ok, not just any mud. We definitely don’t recommend rolling around on the ground after it rains. But there is one special type of “mud” that works wonders on natural hair: bentonite clay.
Bentonite clay is a natural ingredient that is sourced directly from the earth. Here’s what it can do…
- It has a negative charge (anionic), so it attracts positive charged (cationic) products that build up on the hair and scalp, working as a clarifier and detoxifier. Think about bentonite clay like a magnet for product buildup. When you wash the clay out of your hair, you remove all impurities and buildup with it.
- Its anionic property also makes bentonite clay effective at drawing out toxins, heavy metals, chemicals, and impurities.
- Bentonite clay is also antimicrobial and helps with irritated or flaking scalps, in addition to psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis.
- Bentonite clay contains a mixture of natural minerals that are beneficial for your hair and can encourage hair growth.
- It moisturizes, conditions, softens, and reduces frizz.
- Bentonite clay encourages curl definition and shine.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s get started. The best way to use bentonite clay on natural hair is to make a hair mask. On a basic level, all you need to do is mix clay with water, but we’ll suggest a few extra ingredients to enhance your results.
How to make a bentonite clay hair mask
1. Use Chebe-products bentonite clay . You can find it in our online shop Buy it by CLICKING HERE.
2. Use a wooden, plastic, or ceramic bowl and spoon to mix together the ingredients. Don’t use metal. Metal can activate the clay before it reaches your hair, reducing its ability to detoxify your hair.
3. Start by diluting apple cider vinegar with water: 3 parts water to 1 part apple cider vinegar.
4. Then, add Chebe-products bentonite clay and mix until you have a yogurt-like consistency. The amount of clay you’ll need will depend on how much liquid you start with.
5. Finally, add small amounts of your favorite oils. We recommend a few drops of Chebe-products’s Hair Growth Serum for best results.
6. Apply the mixture to damp hair in sections, fully saturating your hair. Do not apply to dry hair- it will be hard to get out! You may notice the clay become dry and stiff as you work on other sections. If so, use a spray bottle to rehydrate it.
7. Cover your hair with a hair cap to prevent your hair from drying out, and wait about 30 minutes. Optional step during these 30 minutes: apply any leftover mask to your face! Bentonite clay has the same incredible detoxifying effects for your skin.
8. Use shampoo and conditioner to remove all the clay from your hair. Be careful with any leftover mixture- because of its anionic properties, bentonite clay can ruin metal drains. Let water run down the shower drain for 30-60 seconds after you wash out the clay to ensure that it is fully flushed out.
9. Bentonite clay can dry out your hair, so follow the treatment with a deep conditioner to replenish your hair with moisture. We recommend Chebe-products’s Hair Growth Serum for best results